Monday, July 20, 2009

oranges and lemons




I was given quite a few lemons so I decided to turn some into lemon curd or lemon honey as my family knows it. The photo above shows the first fruit on a tree I planted three years ago, miss E is filled with excitement as she is waiting for it to fully ripen before she can pick it.
lemon curd - makes 2 350ml jars
4 eggs
1 1/2 C white sugar
100g butter cut into small pieces
zest and juice of 2 lemons ( I used 3 as my lemons were on the smaller side)
Place eggs and sugar in a double boiler. Whisk up until well combined. Add the butter, lemon juice and grated zest. Stir over a low heat until thick, creamy and it sticks to the back of a wooden spoon. Cool for a few minutes then pour into jars. Store in the fridge for up to a fortnight.
It's delicious on toast, between crepes, over vanilla ice cream.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.