Thursday, August 27, 2009

a day in the park

I worked on this bag off and on last week. The pattern is called "A day in the park" backpack tote, you can find it here. The pattern has so many pieces to cut out and I was a bit intimidated as I had never attempted a pattern with so many pieces. It wasn't hard to sew and the pattern was really easy to follow, fully lined with pockets on the inside. I used a thrifted vintage curtain that I've had for nearly 5 years, the colours are so vibrant and the design is called "Bo-peep". For the straps I cut up some old jeans to make hard wearing handles. This pattern is really cool and I quickly whipped another for my sister for her birthday. The handles can be pulled up in the center for an over the shoulder number or they can be pulled to the side and it becomes a backpack. Just the thing for a mum who all of a sudden needs both hands while out shopping. I'm thinking I need to make another more subtle one too, although I love this fabric to bits (it's taken me so long to decide to cut into it) it isn't quite suited to all occasions or outfits.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.