Wednesday, November 18, 2009

angel

It wasn't at the top of my very long "to do" list, but I really wanted to get it out of the way. Miss E has to be dressed as an angel for her end of year preschool concert. I had some white calico and luckily I have a great costume book in the Australian Women's Weekly series of books. The pattern is actually one for a medieval dress but I just loved the sleeves much more than the other more simple tunic (the sleeves don't photograph well with out a little one wearing it, but they do look oh so cute on). Once it was finished it looked too plain so a quick search through my stash of vintage linens and I found some lace and a doily. The pattern is just perfect for an active little one as it's shorter at the front and longer at the back so hopefully there will be nothing to trip on.

Now that I've finished this I feel like making a medieval version too for the dress up box and maybe a spare in case a friend wants to dress up too.

3 comments :

  1. Um, that is amazing. Seriously, it is so ethereal and light. I bet that she looked amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. louana, i love this! lucky little one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.