Sunday, November 22, 2009

sunday sorbet

We have been enjoying this sorbet recipe for quite a few weeks now and I thought it was time to share. I often read recipes for sorbets and other frozen delights and I get to the part where you have to take it out and stir it and that's when I lose interest. That is where this recipe is different, no stirring, yay. So here it is. enjoy

Lemon Sorbet

250g sugar
250ml water
500ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 egg whites

Put the sugar and water in a saucepan over a low temperature and stir until the sugar is dissolved, bring to a gentle simmer and then put aside to cool.
Once cool add the lemon juice (I've made it with less lemon juice and it was still great, just a bit sweeter, it takes a lot of squeezed lemons to get 500ml so it's great for those with a big lemon tree)
Pour mixture into a container with a lid and place in the freezer overnight or for at least 8 hours.
Take out of freezer and put the frozen mixture into a food processor with the egg whites. It should be lighter in colour and increase slightly in volume.
Place back in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
Serve

Perfect on a hot day, lets hope there are more of those to come

2 comments :

  1. Looks sure delicious. I envy that you still have hot days, we are at the start of winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious. I am going to have to put that away for future summer treats

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.