Thursday, February 11, 2010

drought

I haven't been in the mood for sewing for what seems like the longest time, so to try and get my self out of this sewing drought I made this little dress for miss E. The fabric (a skirt) was a bargain thrift find, I love toile fabric and I was so disappointed that the skirt wasn't my size. But the upside was that there was enough fabric to make something for miss E. The pattern is New Look 6639 with a size range of 3-8. I bought the pattern well over a year ago, cut out the paper but never made one. I have been know to do this quite often, so this year I'm aiming to sew some more patterns that I've bought but never tried. It was a hit with the little one, although I imagined her wearing it with a top underneath, suitable I hope for both summer and winter. Now the drought has been broken I am ready to open the flood gates with loads of sewing projects lined up.

3 comments :

  1. Very cute! Love the fabric. I have that pattern too. Just a warning, the top comes out really short so if you are planning on making one add a few inches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know just what you mean about sewing droughts--when you get back into it, you wonder why you stopped! love that fabric, what a cutie she is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable - love reusing and repurposing clothes! The toile is great...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.