Monday, March 15, 2010

weekending

A bit of luck on the weekend and I'm the proud owner of Jamie Oliver's book Jamie at home for just $1 ! A local genealogy group has an annual book sale and there was the Jamie book in brand new condition, I couldn't believe my luck especially as when I got home I had a quick check online and found it sells for around $70. It's the kind of book I'd never buy myself but I'm so glad it's now in my possession. Not only is it filled to the brim with great recipes, beautiful photos and great artwork it also has some great information about growing vegetables.

Mr A is very mobile now (he's 14 months) and his favourite place seems to be the pantry. He pulled down a stack of saucers and 4 of them smashed. Once I mourned the loss of some favourite thrifted finds I went in search for some new ones. I found some cup and saucers at a local thrift store, they are by NZ's Crown Lynn and the pattern is Clematis. I love them!

Melissa shared this recipe on her blog on Friday and I had to try it, it's official they are delicious and will be on my list to try again. I did use much less sugar than it recommends and also about half the amount of chocolate chips as that is all I had in my pantry and I feel that was enough for my family. I also made them smaller than they suggested to make them go a bit further although it was a bit of a waste of time because it meant that everyone wanted a second one!

1 comment :

  1. yes it's a great book, My dad bought it for me last Christmas - love the photography.
    Love the new crockery too - and that chocolate chip cookie recipe just keeps finding me where ever I go - I'm just going to have to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.