Tuesday, May 25, 2010

being brave

Last week I decided to be brave, well just a little brave. I spotted a red guava tree at a block of flats not far from our house, there was a carpet of red guavas beneath it going to waste. So while walking past I spotted someone at the flats and asked if it would be alright if I took some. I had the kids with me which helped I'm sure, who can say no to a mum with a couple of kids. The response was positive and I was invited to take as much as I liked. So we did, miss E was really into it and we gathered several kilos of fruit. I can sincerely say that nothing beats homemade guava jam on hot pikelets on a cold rainy day, yum.

2 comments :

  1. oh, yum! good on you for being brave. it's sad to see fruit going to waste like that. i love these photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good on you! I wish I had the guts to do that more.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.