Monday, May 10, 2010

new clothes

There was much talk over the last week about the lack of warm clothes for this dear little doll of miss E's. It's a lovely doll from melissa of tiny happy. She came with some lovely summery clothes, a dress, pretty skirt and some summer pants. But as we have started to wear more layers it has been decided that she should also have some extra layers. So I started a little bit of special sewing. A warm had, a little jumper that was made from some left over felted jumper, that was also used here and here. Little pants that I sewed from some fabric that miss E had chosen herself. I dressed her up in her new clothes and snuck into miss E's room and placed her on her bed so she would get a surprise when she woke up, she did.

No I haven't learnt to knit, but we were at a church gala over the weekend and miss E spotted this little pink jumper and thought it was perfect for her doll. I was worried it would be too small and was trying to get her to buy a super cute red cardi, but no the pink it was. A little bit of stretching later and it fitted. Now she's all set for the cooler days ahead.



3 comments :

  1. Gorgeous! How cute that she thought of her dolly getting cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! She's bound to be the warmest (and styliest) doll on the block!

    ReplyDelete
  3. umm, i can't tell you how happy this makes me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.