Monday, August 23, 2010

more crochet

I was quietly devastated when mr A broke one of my favourite thrifted saucers (luckily I had thrifted two of them). I put the pieces into a box for mosaics and that was that. Then when a mosaic project came along I felt a new idea coming to me (after making these). So instead of using the broken pieces for mosaics, I made a necklace. I crocheted a cord to go around my neck and sewed on a vintage mother of pearl button for the clasp. I'm really happy with how it turned out, now I'm looking at the box of broken china in a new light.

5 comments :

  1. this is absolutely stunning! gorgeous, inspiring work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, wow, wow.
    seriously- this is my favourite of all the gorgeous things you've made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a crochet genius. This is exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Melissa- this is incredible and, even though I love everything I've seen that you've made, this is my absolute favourite. It would make a beautiful brooch too - please say you'll make a few brooches if you start to sell these?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.