Thursday, September 2, 2010

clean

Well the beautiful Spring weather that we had yesterday has disappeared and in it's place today was the more common - rainy Spring day. I was all geared up to be out in the garden today but I realised that wasn't going to happen when I woke up and threw back the curtains. Slightly disappointed I decided to do some things that have been on my to do list for a while. First up was a new version of laundry powder, it is Wendyl Nissen's recipe that you can find here. Since I started making my own laundry powder I've wanted to try a new recipe, my old recipe that you can find here contains Sunlight Soap which isn't so environmentally friendly and although the powder does a great job it would be nice to use something that is better for the environment. Wendyl's recipe is super easy to make, looks just like the real thing and smells good too.

The second thing on the list was the lemon dusters another recipe from Wendyl that you can find here. They look cute all rolled up in the jar, so much so I'm not sure I want to use them, can I use that as an excuse not to dust?

Finally this one wasn't on the list but I had a whole lot of lemons without peels to use up, so I made some Devine Lemon Squares from Allyson Gofton's book, Bake - I do so love that book. So we were tucked up inside today, hopefully tomorrow will bring the return on the blue skies and the weeding might get done.

I should also add that I used the Soda Ash rather than Washing soda crystals for the laundry powder recipe, at $2 a kilo it makes it half the price of washing soda!

6 comments :

  1. I feel insanely inspired by this post! I know want to rush off and make laundry powder and yummy lemon things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm. lemon slice is my fav. will post your prize soon, when the rain eases off and I can walk to the post office! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stones are amazing!!!!! I've posted about them, I love them sooooo much! Thank you thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're so clever. i'm going to try both of these- thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting to make my laundry powder for ages but Wellington is completely barren of borax, I just can't find it! Thanks for shsring Wendyl's site, I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.