Tuesday, November 30, 2010

hot, dry, tired

The summer has arrived, well I think it arrived a few weeks ago really. It's hot, the garden is dry and I'm tired. The garden is exploding with growth and it's nice to be able to go out and pick some lettuce and miss E has been sneaking any peas that she can find! I can't seem to keep up with the watering of the garden, it's so dry and everything is thirsty and I seem to have too much to do rather than spend the time in the garden. But I know I can't not water it or everything it will die! I don't really want to wish for rain, because I do so love how this warm weather keeps the kid entertained in the garden, it would be great for the garden. It would also be great for people in the north too, they are already on water restrictions and there is talk of a drought. So please can we have a "little" bit of rain. Might be time for a rain dance.

2 comments :

  1. oh yeah I'll be dancing with you - it's such a commitment all that garden watering. Last night we even changed our holiday plans because of it, we were planning on going down the line and visiting the Napier/Hastings area after Christmas, but I suddenly realised that my whole garden will probably die if we do that at this time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes, wishing for rain here too. your garden looks lovely though! those peas look yum.
    my sister has an amazing big garden in the countryside, but this year she's not going to plant anything because a big drought is forecasted. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.