Friday, December 24, 2010

... and to all a good night!

Well it's almost 11:30pm and I'm finally heading to bed after a busy day. A few last minute preparations turned into a few more and well you know how it goes. One thing I really wanted to fit in today was baking some shortbread. You see I found these great biscuit moulds at a thrift store around mid October, at first I didn't know what I was looking at as they were lined up on the shelf with the handles pointing up. I went over thinking they looked interesting and I could hardly contain my excitement when I saw what they were! and that excitement grew when I saw they were $0.20c each!!!! I grabbed them as quickly as I could. I took them home, cleaned them and almost forgot about them, remembering I had them a few days ago I decided I must use them for this Christmas. I'm so pleased with the results, the top photo is of the shortbread before it was cooked and the bottom straight out of the oven and I imagine that I'll be using them every Christmas from now on till I can't bake shortbread anymore. The four designs are, a Christmas tree, a candy cane with ribbon, a rocking horse and a wild card of a Dinosaur!

I want to thank you for stopping by here this year and for all the lovely comments! I wish you and your family a safe and happy holiday!

1 comment :

  1. wow- those shortbread moulds are amazing. i would have been so excited to find them, too.
    happy new year, louana!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.