Wednesday, February 23, 2011

bean sneak

As the death toll from yesterday's earthquake in Christchurch it's hard to think about anything else. I can't believe that while I was sleeping snug in my bed there were people waiting to be rescued, stuck in the cold, damp dark night, I just doesn't seem real. The people of Christchurch are foremost in my mind today.

Thanks for all the great comments on my last post. I loved hearing what everyone was getting out of their gardens. I also had feelings of not planting enough in our garden this season, I haven't kept up planting lettuce of silverbeet nor have I planted enough beans for our little bean sneak. Miss E is often out at the bean vines picking any little beans that she can find and consuming them, right there on the spot! Sometimes she brings a little friend along to help (mr A however doesn't share the love of fresh beans and happily gives her all that he can find). Rain doesn't seem to hamper her enthusiasm either. While I love the fact she is so happy snacking away on fresh green beans ( I mean who wouldn't be?) I'm a little disappointed that no fresh beans make it into the kitchen for me to cook. I must remember to plant lots more next season.

1 comment :

  1. go eloise, the bean-eater!
    yes, next year you should plant double- some for her, and some for the kitchen. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.