Tuesday, February 19, 2013

bowled

I'm a sucker for vintage stuff in original packaging. So I was "bowled over" (ok cheesy pun out of the way now) by this little set! It's a set of mini bowls or "carpet bowls". My husband was excited when he saw them as his Nana used to have a set (although this set is better apparently). The box is in excellent condition and the bowls are too, the jack is even still there. The set was even made in New Zealand too. We haven't had a chance to play with them yet, not sure if we have the room, but we'll give it a try - just as soon as I can be sure that the kids won't throw them, instead of bowling them!

Joining in again with the "op-shop show-off"

6 comments :

  1. They're gorgeous- great find, I just popped in via Blackbird has spoken's linky : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great find, especially as they are still in their original packaging!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow. they're amazing- great find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is in great condition! :)
    My mum has a set too, owned by my late grandparents...lots of happy memories playing with these and my boys love these too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool find-i love the vintage picture on the box, could be a great indoor winter activity. So glad to see you linking again, and having great finders luck again too x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.