Friday, May 24, 2013

pins

I still had one sick child home with me today, while she napped in my bed I did a wee bit of crafting. It's a project I've had in mind for quite a while now. It's a place for all the Pippins pins that miss E has made over the last couple of years at Pippins events. There are a few more scattered around the house that I must track down, a sure sign that I should have got on to this project earlier. It brightened her mood once she awoke and it's now hanging pride of place on her bedroom wall, she's graduated to Brownies now and we are going to make another for all the pins she'll make in the coming years, then I won't have to track any down! The fabric I used was a from a little tunic I made way, way back here. It was a little cover up for preschool all those years ago, the front was all stained from painting adventures so I cut the unstained back to make the frame (the Pippins symbol is an apple that's why I used the apple fabric!)


While I was at it, I made a little frame for my bedroom wall too. One to house all my brooches, I find if these sort of things are on display I tend to wear and use them much more, look at all my Tiny Happy felt brooches! I love them. I finally hung the thrifted Tui cross stitch and my lovely name badge from Max. A lovely little trio on my wall now.

6 comments :

  1. great idea!!! Might borrow this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are so lovely Louana! And very practical :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful idea! I love that you re-used her preschool coverall, the apple fabric is just perfect for it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful Louana - & a great idea. I have had an idea for awhile now to do a little primitive stitch embroidery inside an embroidery frame. Yours make me more inspired. Julie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great idea!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the broches collection and the Tui Cross Stitch
    All very lovely

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, it makes my day! - I try and reply by email, so it's great if your email is connected to your account.